EPF Balance: PF Balance Status Inquiry and Claim Status:
If you are finding different ways to check your EPF balance, then this article will be helpful for you. EPF is an Employee Provident Fund which is considered to be one of the best parts of the employee’s life. 99% of the companies deduct a little amount from the employee’s salary as PF which the employee can check online or offline with few clicks. EPFO is the balance which is in your EPF account and it is an indicator that you have the savings for your retirement.
The EPF balance includes the amount deducted from the salary as well as the amount which is contributed by your employer. In the year 2011, the Government of India introduced an online platform for checking the EPF Balance as well as the PF balance status inquiry status and the claim status. For every salaried employee, EPF is an integral part. The information which we will be sharing in this article would be helpful for you all while checking PF balance online or offline.
Keeping yourself aware of your EPF balance helps in a number of ways. First, it keeps you updated with your savings. You can withdraw a partial amount from your PF. You can even avail a loan against your EPF amount where the online facility to check your PF balance comes in handy. Here we have also shared the links for the official portals of EPF. You will also find the procedure for checking the EPF balance, balance status and the claim status too.
Check EPF Balance Online:
Before moving further, just keep some of the details handy which you will need to the EPF official website.
- Applicable EPFO office
- PF account number
- Full name as mentioned on the pay slip
- Mobile number
- Now, follow all the steps carefully.
- You need to visit the official portal of EPFO, India to know the EPF balance (http://www.epfindia.com/site_en/KYEPFB.php)
- You can see the PF Balance link at the bottom of the page, click it.
- When you click the link, it will take you to the Member Balance Information page where you need to select the state of your PF office.
- Select the EPFO office and click it.
- Fill in the details like your EPF account number, mobile number, and your full name.
- The format of the EPF number is like GJ/AHD/XXXXXXX/XXX/XXXXXXX, but you can skip the boxes if you don’t have any of these numbers.
- If you are not aware of your EPFO office, then you can get it from your PF account number itself. Fill in all the details and click on Submit.
- After successful submission, you will receive an SMS on your mobile number which will display your EPF account balance.
Before pressing the Submit button, do check the ‘I Agree’ box above the option. This is the easiest way for checking your EPF balance as well as the Claim status.
EPF Balance Check by SMS
Yes! Now you can check your EPF balance through SMS and even through the Missed call and mobile app service since 2015. If you have an activated UAN number, then this facility is available for you. You just need your activated UAN number to get the EPF balance through SMS.
You can send the SMS typing EPFOHO UAN <ENG> to 7738299899 (You can type <HIN> instead of <ENG> to get the message in Hindi).
Once you send this SMS, you will receive the EPF balance from EPFO. The message will not only display your total EPF balance but even the member details and the last contribution. You can even get the EPF balance through SMS in a number of languages including Bengali, Hindi, and Tamil, Punjabi, Telugu and others.
EPF Account Balance Missed Call Service:
Among the 3 new services, EPF Missed Call service is the one which is available for the people to check their EPF balance easily. It is convenient for those who don’t know the use of Internet.
Give a missed call to: 01122901406
You just have to give a Missed Call on 01122901406 from your UAN registered number. In return, you will receive an SMS displaying your EPF balance along with your member details.
EPFO Mobile App for EPFO Member Balance:
This is the third service which was introduced by EPFO, the Mobile App. Though there are a number of apps available on Google Play Store, but do download the M-EPF for Android. This app helps in availing a number of EPF facilities through your mobile. Using the app, you can even activate the UAN account as well as view the PF account monthly credits.
How to Check EPF Balance with UAN Number:
Using the UAN number, you can check the EPF balance at the EPF official page. Do follow the guidelines carefully.
- Navigate to the UAN Member page (http://uanmembers.epfoservices.in/)
- If you have an activated UAN, then you just need to enter it with the password.
- If you don’t have activated UAN, then click on Activate your UAN based Registration.
- Check the box “I have read and understood the instructions” and enter the mobile number along with UAN number.
- Select the EPFO office and state
- Enter the Member ID and click on Get PIN
- You will receive a PIN on the mobile number
- Submit the PIN number to complete the UAN activation process
- After activation process is complete, create login ID and password
- Now, you can use your UAN number and password to check UPF balance
With the UAN registration, you can even download your passbook as well. This helps in tracking the status of all the EPFo transactions. If you are planning to withdraw the PF balance, then you can even download the withdrawal form as well. Before withdrawing the amount, just make sure that you are aware of all the EPF rules and regulations.
Keep visiting us for more updates and information about EPF and more.